Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A new experience

For the first couple of weeks, I have to say I absolutely hated my braces! Well, let me rephrase that, not the braces themselves, just the pain. The pain of not being able to eat all the foods I love to eat! However, I have learned to survive, and surprisingly, I’ve been doing amazingly well. There are some lessons I had to learn the hard way (especially that pickles are a NO- NO! And I love pickles). After an incident I had while eating a pickle, I had to play orthodontist because while eating a pickle I bit down hard on a space where there is not a tooth, and my wire came out of the back bracket.

After calling Dr. Colby’s office they said, “Either you can drive to here to have us put the wire in or you can take tweezers and try and get it in yourself. “ I decided to try it, and 25 minutes later—it worked! There are some lessons not worth learning, like chewing gum or eating hard candy with braces. Those are sacrifices that are worth making! I know that I’ve worked so hard to get the chance to have braces and I still love the fact that when I smile, people tell me how much my teeth have changed. I know that this couldn’t be possible without SCL and Dr. Colby. Everyone at both places have been so great with have patience with me during this whole process.

1 comment: