Saturday, October 22, 2011

My visit to Kansas City

Coming to Kansas City to speak at the Gini Awards for SCL was a true honor. I am not a public speaker by any means and most people who know me tend to know I’m more on the shy side. However, speaking about my experience with SCL and what it has done for me reminded me just how blessed and lucky I am to have been one of the chosen kids to get braces. I didn’t just get braces, I got confidence and self esteem to smile without wondering if people are judging me on my teeth.

Dr. Colby says I should be moving into my last wires shortly and he’s planning on having my braces off “this winter”. That means December-January or March-February It’s sooner than I had planned. I still feel as though I just got them. I mean, I got them April 28th, 2010. Who says I’m ready to have them off? I really don’t mind them.

I no longer need jaw surgery. My bite is pretty “right on”. The only minor problem is my midlines don’t meet up as good as they should, but it’s not noticeable if I don’t point it out. To be honest, my teeth are straight and I can bite better than I ever have before so I’m not too upset about midlines.

My next appointment is on Halloween! It looks like I will be eating applesauce instead of caramel-covered apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment